federal government nationwide recruitment for graduate internship scheme (sure-p) 2018 :
The The Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) that was created to provide short term employment for graduates it was first launched in October 2012 by the then Goodluck Ebele Jonathan regime.
The Graduate Internship Scheme is a component of Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) which aims at reducing poverty in the society through improving on the skills of the youth, empowering them with funds to start up their own business or support their existing businesses just like the case of YouWiN.
At the inception graduate internship scheme an estimated number of about 50,000 youth who just graduated from various disciplines where said to be placed as interns. Some where placed in the private sector while a lots where placed in the public sector with good pay.
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration Requirements
This are the Requirements you must meet before you can apply:
- If you are not a citizen of Nigeria you cannot apply
- Only those that are 18 to 40 years of age can apply
- NYSC certificate is a must have
- Be holder of a degree equivalent (e.g. BSc, BEng, BA, HND etc.) certificate or higher qualification.
- Have a recent passport type photo ready to be uploaded during online registration. Please note size of image must not exceed 99kb.
- Only those who fill and completed the online application process will be contacted.
Dont miss this jobs offer:
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration – Steps To Apply
Below are steps to take for registration and what is required of you
The following are objective of Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS)
- The Scheme aims to achieve this by creating opportunity for them to be attached to firms or organizations, where they can work for year and enjoy a monthly stipend of N18,000. Such interns can use the opportunity to gain working experience and enhance their employability.
- The project has so far matched over 200 firms with about 1000 interns from the pool of about 85,000 graduates that have registered with the Scheme. The graduates have shown tremendous interest in the project by registering beyond the threshold of 50,000 allotted for the scheme in any given year. Deployment of such graduates is ongoing.
- The Scheme has three main objectives:
- To enhance the employability of up to 50,000 unemployed graduates in the 36 states of the Federation and the FCT through internship programs in pre-selected institutions; and
- • To reduce the vulnerability of unemployed graduates.
- • To build manpower base towards attaining national development operations.
- The project would like to see more buy-in from the firms as their participation is not commensurate with rate of graduate registration. The firms can reap many from engaging these graduates; they get to enjoy free labour at government expense as government will pay the monthly stipends of the interns, they get to select the best interns to join their workforce and they get a cost-free opportunity to render their Corporate Social Responsibility. The project is also planning other incentives like tax rebates for companies registered with the Project.
Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS) Registration – Things You Should Know Before Registration
When applying for positions as a Graduate you must:
- All graduates must be willing to work and they must be of good behavior.
- All graduates must be ready to be posted any local government of the state they chose while filling the form
Payment of Interns
The body that is responsible for payment of stipend is PW/WYE PIU to the Graduate Intern.
Application for this program is completely free of charge.
Warning : the Graduate Internship Scheme form is note yet out.
We will inform you once it’s out